Pitchfork revealed a critical profile of Justin Vernon, aka Bon Iver, aka the man who writes songs so mournful that he changed into a generation of unhappy boys into unhappy men. Jeremy D. Larson’s portion is neatly off with particulars in regards to the Eau Claire County crooner, but the excellent one is in the principle sentence:
“Justin Vernon lights a blunt as he prices his Tesla, which is affectionately named John Teshla.”
It’s hilarious imagining that the man, famous for writing unhappy tunes by myself in the woods, drives the automobile most neatly-most neatly-liked by Jake Paul. Nonetheless it’s even higher that he’s named it after a pun on each person’s current aged Leisure Tonight host and composer of the excellent sports theme song.
While we’re speaking about Bon Iver, I’ve if truth be told been thinking plenty in regards to the tune I cherished in high college and college, as a result of the quite a lot of mutations of the Spongebob lunch table memes that believe polluted my timeline:
(I’m a one, four, and five, in that dispute — though I train some misgivings about these groupings. Anyway.)
I acquired to wondering: what would the indie bands I beloved a decade prior to now title their Teslas? So like Justin Vernon, I lit a blunt, charged my electric car, and wrote down some tips.
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Model Y Alter
- The Shins: Automobile-ing Is Creepy
- MGMT: Electric Feel (don’t even must attain anything else to this one)
- LCD Soundsystem: Azealia Banks Is Taking part in at My Home
- Arcade Fire: My Battery Is a Cage
- The Killers: SpaceXman
- Interpol: Impediment
- Hoobastank: Hyperloopastank (h/t Sean, who somehow knew that I treasure singing “The Motive” at karaoke)
- Broken Social Scene: Anthems for a 48-Yr-Outdated school Dinky one
- Loss of life Cab for Cutie: I Will Follow You Into the Dank Memes
- Radiohead: Karma Police (the SEC)
- Strokes: In the end (in reference to Tesla’s profitability)
- Strokes: Annoying to Note (in reference to Elon’s behavior)
- Strokes: You Talk Means Too Worthy (in reference to Elon’s tweets)
- Strokes: Room on Fire (you rep the level — the Strokes construct this very easy)
All that to enlighten, jog study the Bon Iver profile at Pitchfork. It’s unparalleled extra thoughtful than these crude puns. And please fall off your worst indie puns in the feedback.